Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



10.25.2011

Nina's FIRST Birthday Party

Nina has been a part of our lives for almost a full year. So, we have hit all the milestones almost. We just have Halloween & our first Gotcha Day celebration to go. Last week we celebrated her 8th birthday with her friends, just like she always dreamed of celebrating a birthday. A little fancy and a lot of fun with a big pink cake to top things off. I thought I'd share with you some of the things I made for the party, since this is kind of a craft blog and all. Her invitation was actually quite simple. Other than the tulle for the tutu, I had everything, including the 8's (please don't tell Kaleidoscope that 10 8's are missing due to me. I know I'm not the only mom to spy a few supplies there!).
I made the goody bags filled with treats along with 'pixie dust'. And then topped them with 'fancy' name tags. All I did was fan fold two, 3" strips of 12" long paper and glued them together. I then glued a circle to the back of the fan. This made it easier to glue to the gift bag. I topped each fan with the girls names. I thought I took pictures of the pixie dust, but I didn't. All I did was mix pink sugar with white sugar and put them in small bags. I made a label that said 'pixie dust'. I shared with the moms that I thought the girls could top their oatmeal or toast with it.
I made things a little festive by dropped these flowers (along with balloons) from the ceiling. I spied this idea from Pinterest, which was tagged to www.marthastewart.com. You use paper bags to create these.
I topped off the decorations by putting little butterfly or fairy wings through out that I purchased from Dollar Tree. Each little fairy got to choose her own wings at the end of the party, along with these fairy wands I made from pencils. The girls couldn't wait to do fancy school work with their fancy wands.
The girls certainly felt as if it were a fancy occassion using these glass plates and cups. Really, it ends up being much more afforadable than purchasing paper products each year. You can find them at thrift stores for .49 to .99 cents.
My last secret to a divine, fancy birthday is the cake. However, this is not my area of expertise. Fortunately for me I have a sweet tween who loves to decorate cakes, as a neighbor. And this is the beautiful cake she made for the special day! I'm so proud of her!
I will be posting the party girl and the party picts on my person FB page. Thanks for stopping by. Next Tuesday we will begin our 30 days of Christmas Creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment